We will be interviewing during the Shluchim conference, so if you are interested in this position please send your resume as soon as possible
Position Available: English Program Directors at Ascent (Tsfat)
Full-time, 2.5-year contract (with possibility of extension)
Ascent is one of the most dynamic centers on earth for Jewish spiritual exploration, situated in the ancient, mystical, picturesque village of Tsfat in northern Israel. Join a great team of talented, passionate leaders who thrive on facilitating a shared growth experience by leading inspiring classes, workshops and retreats. Enjoy a fulfilling shlichus where you have the chance to flex your creative muscles, design and deliver engaging educational programs, and see the fruits of your labor first hand every day.
What is Ascent?
Ascent’s mission it to awaken and connect Jews in Israel and around the world to a Judaism that is relevant, personal, and fulfilling, so that we can ascend together with all humanity to create a better world. The cornerstone of what Ascent does is education with love—a love of our fellow Jew, a love of Torah, a love of the Land of Israel. People are attracted to this authenticity. Add to that our dedication to quality programs and professionalism, and that’s the formula that makes Ascent so special.
Ascent is a non-profit education and resource center in northern Israel, with a 230-bed campus in Tsfat’s Old City Jewish Quarter. We began our work in 1983 as three young couples looking to fill a much-needed void, and one year later we received a special, clear blessing in writing from the Rebbe that continues to inspire and guide us.
Ascent’s various departments serve the entire spectrum of the Jewish people with an authentic, short but focused interactive and personalized Jewish learning experience: IDF soldiers, English speakers, Russian and Ethiopian immigrants, Israelis, high school and college students, families and couples and tour groups from all over the world. Ascent educates and inspires more than 50,000 people a year through day and overnight programs, using a broad range of educational activities and experiences, connecting them to their Jewish heritage, bolstering Jewish identity and instilling Jewish pride.
The ignited sparks of interest and learning that are internalized at Ascent are taken back to communities literally all over the world and passed on to future generations to preserve and create a vibrant Jewish future.
Position Description: English Program Directors
The English Program Directors’ primary objective is to engage English-speaking singles aged 18-35 (visitors to Israel, students, lone soldiers, Sar-el, new olim and more), through creating and marketing dynamic programs. The couple selected for this position will engage in a diverse range of activities, gaining skills in a variety of areas while developing their strengths and versatility:
- Design and plan educational programs and weekend retreats
- Create and manage advertising campaigns utilizing social media, print media and networking with volunteers, alumni and partner organizations
- Be an engaging presence at programs, retreats and events
- Teach, lecture, and lead workshops
- Follow up with program participants to help facilitate their Jewish growth
- Develop content and resources in various media for educational and promotional purposes
- Utilize and further develop systems that streamline and organize our work
- Coordinate and collaborate with Ascent’s other departments (Hebrew, IDF, Group, Hotel programs, as well as online resources) to maximize our collective reach and impact
- Dedication to the dream, vision, ideals and standards of the Rebbe
- A desire to learn and grow as part of a team; commitment to education as a collaborative, holistic experience
- Self-motivated, organized, and responsible; must possess leadership capabilities, communication skills, and the ability to motivate others
- Experience creating and directing educational programs and events
- Familiarity with marketing and advertising techniques and effective use of social media marketing
- Comfortable with basic computer programs – Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.; Knowledge of more advanced programs for design and video editing a plus
- High level of spoken and written English; basic proficiency in Hebrew
Interested candidates should submit:
- References – at least two, one of whom is a professional reference
- A 2-3 minute video explaining why this Shlichus is for you
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This position is ideally suited to a 2-3 year stint. After doing this job for two years, you will have gained many skills and be prepared for any Shlichus on earth. After completing the contract, you will help train in the new Program Directors, and either stay at Ascent in a more senior capacity if a position is available or move on to your next Shlichus with our blessing and support.